Last updated: January 13, 2024
Our Commitment to Privacy
CEFA operates on a franchise model, meaning our schools are operated by independent franchisees. Franchisees may collect personal information about you and your children on their own behalf and not on our behalf. Franchisees’ collection, use and disclosure of personal information is not governed by this policy.
What kind of information does cefa collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number, as well as your child’s age or birth date.
How does CEFA use my information?
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means including to advertise particular CEFA schools or other services based the age of your child;
- to otherwise contact you if necessary;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Does CEFA share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- with our various marketing service providers who manage our customer information and send communications about CEFA schools and other services. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information;
- with our relevant franchisees, in connection with inquiries about CEFA’s schools, waitlists for CEFA’s schools or other matters relating to your child’s enrollment in one of CEFA’s schools;
- when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers; and
- if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of CEFA or others.
Does CEFA transfer my personal information outside of Canada?
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to third parties we use to support our business and who use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
You are welcome to contact us using the contact information below to obtain further information about our practices regarding service providers outside of Canada.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us to update your personal information by contacting us.
How does CEFA protect kids' privacy?
CEFA is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our website is a general audience site and not targeted to or intended for use by children.
As set out under the What kind of information does CEFA collect? section above, we may collect information about a child’s age or a child’s date of birth from a parent or guardian. We collect this information only to facilitate waitlisting or enrolment at CEFA’s schools and we will only share this information with CEFA franchisees.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient browsing experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit any possible personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
What is "phishing"?
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
This is your franchise opportunity
We are looking for Franchise Partners to open private schools for children all across Canada. If you love being around children and families, know the value of education, and believe in developing children academically, socially and physically, talk to us about owning a CEFA Early Learning School Franchise. Take a look at our Available Opportunities.